Our Voice for You
For nearly four decades, PMA has been instrumental in protecting the benefits and quality of work life for managers, management officials and non-bargaining unit employees as well as promoting and ensuring new benefits for members. PMA successes and current issues:
● Defeating legislation to change to a high-five-based retirement annuity formula rather than the present high-three formula and will continue to protect against current legislation proposing the same thing. The new proposed formula would reduce the average employee's lifetime retirement benefits by least 4 percent.
● Fighting for and winning the same benefits for FERS employees as CSRS related to sick leave upon retirement.
● Winning the commitment to limit the number of performance commitments to three for managers.
● Fighting off current proposals to raise the retirement age, abolish retiree cost of living adjustments and fighting for a stabilized and reduced contribution from employees for health benefits.
● Promoting Federal Employees Pay Comparability Act (FEPCA) legislation that would ensure that administration officials do not disregard the recommendations of the Federal Salary Council.
● Beating back proposals to significantly increase retirement contributions from CSRS and FERS participants by the new administration.
● Working with agencies to promote fair and equitable treatment of managers in pay banded and pay for performance systems.
● Working to help managers get “Left on the Table” performance increases as a cash award.
● Fighting to prevent the reduction of the Thrift Savings Plan G Fund interest rate, which is designed to provide a higher-than-inflation rate of return on federal retirement investments.